Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Where's the Plumber?

Its 6:30 pm, do you know where your plumber is? Because we don’t.

Remember that little Memorial day incident (no, not the one where I’m puking peach activia in my hair) the one where I went outside and saw that my house was crying? Ok, so it wasn’t crying, that was me crying later on when we called the plumber who told us the leak was most of our kitchen sink plumbing needing replacement for a mere $500 but he couldn’t do it that day because he didn’t have the parts. We schedule his return for Friday and put a bowl under the sink in the meantime.

Friday, wait all day, nothing until 7pm when we got a call saying that the plumber called in sick at 3pm when he was suppose to report for duty. Great, so we sat around for an additional 4 hours until they bothered to call and tell us when we could have left the house and gotten a latte you rotten plumber dispatcher bastards. Ok, fine, how about saturday, the dispatcher asks all chipper. FINE.

Saturday, wait and wait and wait and 1pm they call... oooh, we don’t have the parts. Um, you didn’t have the parts memorial day, its now 5 days later and you still don’t have the parts? So if Mr. Plumber hadn’t called in sick would he have had the parts then? Did he use the parts between being sick and right this very second? Whatever, how about monday after 5pm? Sure.

Monday, rush home from work, get the dogs out, fed, out, played, etc. and wait and wait and wait, 7pm phone call from the plumber dispatch, all chipper and happy. Oh, the plumber’s truck broke down. You’ve got to be kidding me. How about Tuesday after 5pm. SURE, FINE!

Here it is, tuesday at 6:30 pm. We’re taking bets:
Plumber had a death in the family
Plumber got called to jury duty
Plumber used the kitchen sink parts to fix his truck and now doesn’t have the parts
Plumber just freakin forgot us, yet billed us for the work.

We’re just waiting on the phone call notification now, its just a matter of time and we know it. I think the bowl is very attractive under the sink, but frankly I’m tired of moving all of the things that use to be under the sink in order to get to my freezer and my crappy frozen meals that I’ve been preparing while we wait for the plumber to show up. I’m also tired of reaching under there when I need to put dishwasher soap in the dishwasher, because its not there, and I know its not there, but I reach into there each and every stinking time. I’m guessing that once its fixed and all of the cleaning crap is back under the sink... I’ll walk to the chest freezer to get it EXCEPT IT WON’T BE THERE!

So, there you have my waiting for the plumber fun.

1 comment:

  1. Stuff like that just pisses me off. It's like your time isn't worth squat. It makes you want to make appointments then just not be at home when they show up. Of course, then they'd bill you because they're SO much more important than you.

    Yes, I'm bitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete