Tuesday, December 9, 2008

All Over the Place

I’m pretty sure that this post will go in strange directions, so I can’t promise a meaningful end to it.

So last night I became some techo-geek Goldilocks trying to find the most comfortable sleep number on my bed. Too soft, too hard, too soft, too hard, sonofa... I think it has something to do with having me and three large huskies on the bed when I was trying to adjust it, and I’m amazed the thing didn’t pop at any one point in my inflating and deflating of it. The dogs were slightly amused at the ride, except for Meeshka who clawed my forehead, so I kept it at 30 and struggled to get enough covers out from under Loki so I could cover a small part of my body and not freeze to death. You would think that if two meager puppies could keep a three year old boy warm out in the cold, that three full grown huskies would generate enough heat to keep me warm in a house, but I prefer to have my entire body warm with a blanket and not just specific bits of me warmed by huskies.

Incredibly enough, I woke up this morning in a foul mood. Let me restate that... I woke up in the same foul mood I’ve been in for the past... several months or so. Snoozing the alarm until the last minute, rushing around to get ready for work and then arriving late and having to park 7 miles away further added to the mood, if that’s even possible.

I managed to survive an entire day of work, and thought I’d be in a better mood leaving work until I realized that since I had forgotten the shopping list on my desk yesterday, and because I was in great gastro-intestinal distress from the poisoned hot dog consumed on Saturday, I had managed to only grab ONE thing that I needed from the store, so I had to go back and get the rest of the stuff that I needed. Ok, need is a stretch as I’m pretty sure we could have done without grape juice, but I did need to get liverwurst for the dogs and showing up at home without that would have been catastrophic or at the very least... scarring.

I think part of what has contributed to my foul mood is the fact that all day its been overcast and gloomy, and when I leave work its pitch freakin black out, making me believe that its time to go to bed and I shouldn’t be forced to go grocery shopping when I should be in bed... even though its only 5 pm. I managed to get into a reasonably short line at the cashier, only to find out that the reason it was so short was because all of the people that had been in the line died of natural causes waiting for the “cashier in training” to figure out that no matter how many times he tried scanning an item and listening to the beep, he would need to hit the “clear” button first before the stupid thing would work. This happened no less than 14 times before my items were ready to be rung up, and each time he needed someone from customer service to come over and smack the “clear” button for him. He didn’t seem very appreciative when I screamed “HIT THE CLEAR BUTTON!” the 4,596 time.

I got stuck in the usual night time traffic cluster fuck because some asshat thought it would be ok for a 2 lane road to close up to 1 lane near a major intersection (which we happen to call “The Intersection of Doom” for the amount of daily carnage), and I finally get home sweet home to very anxious dogs happy to see that I come bearing liverwurst.

Once again, I look at my “to do” list and laugh. Nothing getting done tonight again. Instead I think I’ll e-mail my congressman and senator and tell them they’re worthless, corrupt scum. That may make me feel better.

2 comments:

  1. I thought having an iPhone and iMac solved all these issues?

    I wonder if they've khontemplated an iBed?

    H&K,
    Khyra
    PeeEssWoo: Khouldn't the iPhone khall the iDesk and skhan the iList?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I went through all of that (except the digestive issues, mostly because I refuse to eat hot dogs) over the winter here. I HATE getting up in the dark and coming home in the dark and having a list that never seems to get finished. Can we hibernate for the winter, do you think?

    ReplyDelete