Saturday, March 14, 2009

Vitamins

So, I was at the grocery store the other day and actually remembered to go to the vitamin section and look for some vitamin E (per my doctor to help get rid of the tiny boob clusters, and in case you missed that wonder post, here it is).

I am always amazed at the amount of vitamins being sold in stores and wonder if people actually take all of that crap, but hey, whatever, the doctor said take it, so whatever. Thankfully they’re all in alphabetical order, so I put my latte down in the handy drink holder provided by Safeway on their shopping carts (thank you Safeway for that convenience), and searched for the E and found it.

Lucky for me, there was a buy one get one free offer going on. Knowing that I will most likely forget about 95% of the time to take my vitamin E, I figured I would get something else that I would forget to take and looked at all of the choices I had. No, I don’t need prostate supplements, and since I do eat Activia for the pooping thing I figured a digestive supplement would land me in the toilet for the rest of my life, I saw a bottle simply marked “Stress”. Hey, there’s a novel idea, if I can get all of my stress from a bottle of pills, then maybe I wouldn’t need any external stress from co-workers, friends, or the fact that the government is gleefully spending my money even before I earn it. I nabbed that sucker.

Here it is a day later and yes, the bottles are sitting on my little bathroom ledge thing near my toothbrush with the safety seals still keeping the bottle safe because I have a conundrum that maybe you all can help me out with.

Can you mix E and stress with zyrtec in the mornings? Is there something horrible with that? I can’t take it at night because I chew a handful of tums before bed on the advice of another doctor who said that if I didn’t, as I grow older my bones will just crumble to dust and my limbs will fall off. I know that you can’t take most anything with tums because it will generally just clump around whatever you took and you won’t absorb it into your system or something like that. So, that leaves just mornings to take it, but what will it do with the Zyrtec because I really need that to keep my eyes from watering like a firehose which makes me look even more demented during work meetings (and now that I think of it I was also going to look for eye drops that would actually DRY out your eyes because, seriously, its like Niagara falls eyes even with the Zyrtec, but it does help a bit). Then there’s the whole stuffed up nose that unstuffs at the most inopportune times (like client meetings) where I’m forced to sit with kleenex stuffed up my nose and nobody takes me very seriously looking like that (ok, who am I kidding, nobody takes me seriously anyway, but I like to think that if I didn’t have watery eyes and kleenex up my nose they would).

Ok, after that whole ramble its very clear that regardless of what happens if I take everything in the morning, I’m still going to be a total mess anyway, so maybe some sort of interaction with the E and Stress and Zyrtec will make me normal... or so out of it I won’t care anymore.

Thanks for your assistance.

2 comments:

  1. answer: probably ok to take. look up zyrtec on webmd and see if anything in the e or stress is prohibited to be taken with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guessing you'll be okay taking vitamins with your Zyrtec. Really.

    ReplyDelete