Tuesday, January 11, 2005

This is Clyde


This is Clyde Posted by Hello

Since I had posted about him, I figured I'd share a picture of him, asleep in his recycle bin condo. Poor Clyde possum!

Stupid People in the News

So I'm watching CNN the other morning. They were talking about the freak weather in the west, and one section got like 16 feet of snow or something ridiculous like that. They interviewed some guy that was in the process of using a snow blower to blow the 6 feet of snow he got away from his truck. He said he was going "layer by layer, and although it would take him a few days to dig his truck out, he was going to keep at it"... AND GO WHERE?

It's 6 feet of snow? Where's he going to go? Does he plan on snowblowing a path to the store? Dude, go back inside, make some hot chocolate, spend some time with your dysfunctional kids and relax for 10 minutes.

More on Mom's Visit

I don't know when it happened, or why, but for some reason my mom has turned into a nudger. She'll say something "hey, what do you think of that?" and nudge you with a hand. "How about some coffee?" nudge. EUUUUUW! Is this an age thing? Is this the new mid-western craze? When I grew up in Indiana, you didn't come within 2 feet of a person for fear of invading their space. Hugs? NO WAY! What's up with this nudging stuff?

Oh, when she made it back to her bat infested house, she did call to say that she made it home safely... on my cell phone, after I wrote the number in really BIG numbers in her little address book. Ooh, that reminds me, I need to send pictures of the RAV to her Ceiva frame so my sister can see it and be all jealous. I feel like putting in text on the bottom of the picture: "If you get a job, maybe you can afford one of these".

No comments:

Post a Comment