Saturday, September 3, 2011

Staycation Day 1

In light of the dismal jobs report (and subsequent tanking of my 401K), I decided that I needed to go invest in some infrastructure jobs by going to Lowes:

While at Lowe's, I created/saved one job by asking an "associate" where on earth they hid the Ziploc Totes, which are the best invention since the spleen and are much sturdier than the stupid Space Bags that are made out of cellophane, rip if you look at them wrong, and leak the moment you suck air out of them.  Space Bags: expensive pieces of crap.  Ziploc Flexible Totes: manna from heaven.  Dear Ziploc, I can be bribed with freebies.

When I got home, I assembled my infrastructure:
Please note that the packaging had very large notices that these shelves are made from "green" technology.  So not only am I investing in infrastructure projects, but I am also supporting "earth friendly" products that create flimsy plastic that is made from soybean products that began to decompose the moment I removed it from the plastic wrap (made from normal plastic and was much stronger than the shelving), and in a pinch I can always eat the shelves.

Please note that on the right hand side now blocked by the shelving is a treadmill, which demonstrates how serious we both are about staying in shape.

The rest of the week will be spent going through the crap on the other side of the room (out of view of this photo for fear that one of you will submit our names to the Hoarders people), and most likely visiting the dump on a regular basis throughout staycation.  I have already found drywall and a glass screen door insert for a door we no longer have.

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE doing organize-y things! Can I come over?
    ...I know. It's a sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are goood..... so very goood.....
    Just got off the phone with Lowes, we'll be visiting them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Army of Four, come to my house!! I've actually considered being on one of those Hoarders shows, just for some free help! I also plan to visit Lowe's; this IS LAbor Day weekend, when we celebrate our labor :-)The dogs have destroyed yet another screen door; with the foster dogs, I seem to go through about 4/year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to clean and organize too! It is how I de-stress! Otherwise, I'd weigh 300 pounds! LOL!

    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Karen. Organising is good fun! We should have made it a group vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, you need to go to Lowes and get New York Wire 48" x 84" Charcoal Pet Screen. Seriously, I got that for our back screen door (the one the dogs jump up on and claw at) and its held for years

    ReplyDelete