Saturday, May 7, 2005

Dirt Weekend II (Electric Boogaloo)

Yes, we are insane. We got another load of dirt. After seeing how well the last pile made our lopsided yard look, the second front half of the yard looked even worse, so we got another pile of dirt.

Two friends were suppose to show up and help this morning. No shows. I'm sure they have a very good excuse like: "who the hell wants to go wheelbarrow dirt for someone else". Not me, that's for sure.

Bright and early (9:30am) we start. This time we're prepared, we bought a dirt roller that you fill up with water for weight to roll over the dirt once its in place. I lost count around 30 wheelbarrows full, and we've only made a slight dent in the pile, but that huge crevass in our yard is almost filled in. Hubby managed to run himself over with the roller a few times (that's gotta hurt). Since there was such a slope to begin with, the stupid thing would roll back out of control, and he bravely would fling himself under it, rather than have it go shooting through the fence.

By 1:30pm, we're both so tired we can barely walk, and after hubby nearly lost a foot to the roller in another run-a-way incident, we said screw it. We'll start again tomorrow.

We do have plans to go out tonight, meet some friends (maybe) around 9pm at a club, but who knows if they'll show up. Even after a nap and a very hot shower, I'm boneless chicken woman, and my left thumb is totally numb now. I don't even have the strength to blow dry my hair.

It seems to be the day of people saying they'll do something, and not. I'm trying to get rid of some of our junk, so I freecycled it. I've had one person say "never mind", another who 'forgot", and one who just plain hasn't shown up, so at this point, whoever shows up and takes the stuff on the porch... bless you. I'm about to throw it all on the curb with a big "free" sign on it.

ugh, I guess I'd better do laundry or something now... if only I could walk. I'll post the before and after pics when we're done tomorrow... I hope we're done tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment